Prince Williams married Kate Middleton on 29 April 2011. Celebration comes in British Royal Family after 30 years.It was a big event and everybody in the world was eager to know about what's happening in the wedding.
Royal Wedding of Kate and Prince Williams was live broadcast on many tv channels and websites.Biggest video site YouTube was contracted to live the event.Twitter was also prepared for the live coverage of Royal Wedding.Many TV channels like TLC CNN, BBC, Fox and CBS etc. was doing the live broadcast of Royal Wedding.
The interesting facts:
1. Some 40 foreign royals have been invited, including the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, the sultan of Brunei, the emperor of Japan, and kings of Malaysia, Tonga, and Thailand.
2. President Obama was snubbed from the guest list due to the expensive costs associated with added security to protect him at the wedding. But don't worry. Obama will return in May for an official UK state visit with a royal dinner, ball and all the other bells/whistles. French Prime Minister Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni were also not invited due to security costs.
3. Kanye West got an invite. I can only pray he does not bring an open bottle of Hennessy or should he?
4. Male guests with a military record have been asked to don their armed-forces dress uniform, while women are expected to wear elegant afternoon dresses with or without a coat, or an elegant matching ensemble with a hat.
5. After the formal ceremony, 600 chosen guests will attend a lunchtime buffet--an extravaganza to dwarf the sit-down breakfast for 120 hosted by the queen for Charles and Diana in 1981. Buckingham Palace chef Darren McGrady told People magazine, "Guests will be invited back to Buckingham Palace for a wedding breakfast of Champagne, canapés, and heavy hors d'oeuvres, such as smoked salmon, paté, and mini sausage rolls." This list will also likely include petit fours, mini éclairs, trifle, and chocolate and lemon mousse. A multitiered centerpiece wedding cake will be beautifully decorated, perhaps with William's coat of arms, the top adorned with flowers.
6. When Prince William and Kate finally walk down the aisle on April 29th. Kate will be 29, making her the oldest royal bride EVER. (Most royal brides in history have typically been teenagers. Even William's mother, Princess Di, was barely 20 years old when she married his father, Prince Charles.) Although, according to statistics, this actually gives her a better chance at a longer future with William. Studies have shown that couple who marry closer to age 30 tend to divorce less than their younger counterparts.
7. Some homeless people got an invite as well. Prince William invited some guests who personally affected him in one way or another, including members of the homeless community and soldiers injured in Afghanistan and Iraq.
8. The future Princess Catherine (Kate wants to be called by her given name, Catherine, and not by her nickname, Kate) may have scored her late mother-in-law's 18-carat sapphire and diamond engagement ring, but that doesn't mean that her brother-in-law, Prince Harry, will have to go to Zales to pick something out for his future wife. He reportedly inherited Princess Diana's Cartier watch, reports Celebitchy.com. Funny enough, although the sapphire ring is "very special" to Prince William, neither Princess Diana nor Prince Charles picked it out! The Queen did.
9. When asked what they love about each other, William mentioned that (I still call her by her nickname) Kate had "plenty of habits" that he loved to tease her about. I think most people are happy to know that the soon-to-be British princess has just a touch of neurotic tendencies. She also reportedly can drink William under the table, which makes her a girl after my own heart.
10. After the messy divorces of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and Prince Andrew and Fergie, it's being speculated that Prince William and Kate will be the first royal couple to sign a pre-nup.
11. On Facebook nearly 2.8 million people in the UK and US updated their status about the Royal Wedding. While on Twitter users were posting 237 tweets every second about the Royal Wedding.
12. Wedding ring of Kate is made of gold from the Clogau Gold Mine in the Welsh mountains. The estimated cost of this ring is around 85,000 pounds
13. Total expanditure on Royal Wedding was 4500 crore Rs.
14. The cost of cake for Royal Wedding was 50 lacs(Rs)
15. Royal Wedding was viewed by 2 Billion people in the World.
16. The Royal Wedding is the first ever wedding that was live broadcast on YouTube.